Friday, January 22, 2010

It finally happened....spit in my mouth


Matt decided to be sick last night, so tonight Kinley and I loaded up with Lattie and her girls and went to the basketball game. I didn't want to be home with the sick husband...but he must be better because he is going fishing in the morning. Poor baby! Anyways, Kinley was being very good and not to squirmy but enjoyed the game, as did I. As we were leaving, I held Kinley up over my head and did the "ahhh boo" thing you do. Remember I'm at a basketball game, in the stands, people all around. Much to my surprise they were not interested in the game but in what Kinley and I were doing. So, I continue the raising her in the air thing, when I saw what was coming in slow motion. She was smiling BIG and so was the spit coming out of her mouth. I tried to dodge it but, NO NOT this time. It fell straight into my mouth as I was saying "ahhhh boo." Thoughts were whirling in my head at this point, "do I pretend it didn't happen" "go puke in the bathroom" or what? As we all do, I looked to see if anyone had seen this tragic event...and YES plenty of people commented to me about the event. BUT, there was this one lady that really got a kick out of the entire situation...she laughed forever! She even apologized for laughing at me! I told myself she was not laughing at me, she was probably just remembering when this happened to her. I assume she had kids beacuse she was a vocal fan in the stands. I knew that one day I would catch that spit but I did not think in would happen in front of a lot of people. But, hey that's just the way it went down...no pun intended there. Lesson for tonight: Keep your mouth shut! That saying applies to many things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment